Does it seem as if suddenly summer is over? The kids are going back to school and everyone you knew on vacation has returned. Even the Emmy Awards are early this year (tomorrow night), since most years, they are held well into September.
Not ready for summer to end? We aren’t either – so we have selected some great European iced coffee drink recipes that should help you squeeze out that last bit of the summer. Even if it isn’t that warm where you are, iced coffee will take you back to the lazy days of summer!
At www.EnjoyBetterCoffee.com, we have the perfect European coffees for the iced drinks described below and for anytime you want a great cup of coffee. We have all the brands, great accessories, cocoa and even cookies like Italian biscotti and Dutch speculas (spiced cookies). We will take $5 off of all orders of $40 or more.*
Please use coupon code EBCAUG*Discount valid through 8/27/2014 on www.EnjoyBetterCoffee.com with a $40 minimum order required. Not valid with other coupons. Not valid for special sale items.
1 quart strong instant or fresh-brewed coffee
2 scoops of ice cream (per drink)
1. Make the coffee. Allow to cool to room temperature, then chill in fridge.
2. Into a tall glass, place 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream.
3. Pour the cooled coffee into the tall glass, leaving a little room below the rim.
4. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with chocolate. Enjoy.
Italian Iced Coffee – Think Icy Slush
You’ll find a Caffé Freddo in most coffee bars in Italy. Straight espresso is stored in a freezer and served as a coffee slush. Pour espresso over a scoop of vanilla gelato or ice cream and you have an Affogato, perfect for dessert. We have a wide range of Italian espresso, including Bristot, Caffe Vergnano, Illy and Lavazza.
1 ½ – 3 teaspoons instant coffee
2/3 cup cold water
Sugar, Milk and ice cubes (optional)
1. Add coffee, sugar and a splash of water to a cocktail shaker or blender. Shake or blend until the mixture forms a thick and frothy foam.
2. Pour the foam into a tall glass, then stir in the remaining water, sugar, milk and ice if using. Enjoy with a straw.
NOTE: Variations on this drink include versions without sugar, medium sweetened, very sweet and without milk.