5 Tablespoons butter
¼ cubes brown sugar
¼ cups white sugar
¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon boiling water
2 Tablespoons instant coffee
½ cups white flour
⅓ cups white whole wheat flour
½ teaspoons baking powder
⅛ teaspoons salt
½ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the butter, sugars and vanilla in a bowl. Using a stand mixer (or electric hand mixer), beat until light and creamy, about 2 minutes on medium.
- Pour boiling water over the coffee and stir until dissolved. Add the dissolved coffee to the butter/sugar mixture and mix until blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flours, salt and baking powder. Turn the speed of your mixer to the lowest setting and add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture. Mix until the flour is incorporated. Turn the mixer off and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place golf-ball-sized scoops of cookie dough on a cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Bake for 13 minutes.
- Allow to cool a few minutes on the cookie sheet before removing to a cooling rack.