As we always say, we love cooking with coffee. (We really love drinking it, of course!)
When we came across this recipe, we had to share.
Here is the recipe:
- 1 box French Vanilla Cake Mix, or other vanilla or white cake mix
- 1/4 cup ground coffee of your choice
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 stick unsweetened butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons White Chocolate Creamer
- 1-2 tablespoons milk, optional
Instructions for Cake
- Set oven to bake at 350 degrees. If making cupcakes, insert baking cups in pan. For cake, grease cake pans.
- In a large bowl, follow directions on box for cake mix. Stir in coffee grinds.
- Pour batter into cake pan or baking cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center of cake.
1. In a large bowl, mix shortening, butter and creamer with an electric mixer until creamy.
2. Add in milk if too thick.
Frost and Enjoy!
You can check out the site we found it on, as it has some additional suggestions and pictures: http://bnadyn.hubpages.com/hub/Coffee-Cake-with-White-Chocolate-Mocha-Icing