Coffee Pod or Pad?

When the Senseo Coffee machine and the individual pods were first introduced, they were called “koffiepad” which translates to Senseo pods“Coffee cushion”. That is because on one side the pods, or pads, are flat, and on the other side they are slightly rounded.  You may see “pad” on labels in place of “pod”, but it is the same thing.