“What dreadful hot weather we have! It keeps me in a continual state of inelegance.”
–English novelist Jane Austen, 1775 – 1817
Ms. Austen wrote this in a letter to her sister, though with the hot weather across the country, it could have been written by many of us! Struggling in the heat? Here are some suggestions for cooling down.
1. Lie on the floor. Hot air rises, so get down where it is cool.
2. Eat spicy food. It will heat up your mouth, but make you sweat, which is the body’s way to cool.
3. Place a bowl of ice in front of a running electric fan. A swirl of cool air will result.
4. Place your pillow in the fridge all day, then rest your head on the cool. Your temples are pulse points, so the veins are closer to the skin’s surface. Cooling those will help lower your temperature.
5. Breathe into a cup of ice. Your breath will force out the cold air and stimulate a breeze on your face.
6. Drink an iced coffee.
At EnjoyBetterCoffee.com, we have the perfect European coffees for iced drinks and for anytime you want a great cup of coffee. We have all the brands, great accessories, cocoa and even cookies like Italian biscotti and Dutch speculaas (spiced cookies) to enjoy with coffee. We will take 10% off of all orders, no minimum order required.*
Please use coupon code EBCAUGSALE
*Discount valid through 8/11/2015 on www.EnjoyBetterCoffee.com with no minimum order. Not valid with any other coupons or discounts. Not valid for discounted, special sale or case sale items.