Would you be surprised to know that Germans love their coffee more than water (by a bit) and more than beer (by a lot)? As it happens, Germany is the world’s largest retail coffee market after the USA and Brazil. In just a few years (2010 – 2013), coffee consumption nearly doubled in Germany. A well-known international coffee company hired researchers to find out more. The study involved 1000 coffee drinkers from Berlin, Hamburg and Munich. Here are some of the significant digits that signal a change in coffee habits in the German home:
* 29 percent of all coffee drinkers proudly display their coffee machines at home.
* Almost the same percent of 18-29 year olds say the coffee machine is a status symbol; only 18 percent of those over 50 consider it so.
* 60 percent say they cannot start the day without coffee.
* 50 percent of all drinkers are willing to spend more money for quality coffee. As many as one-third are interested in coffee specialties from other countries and cultures.
* Almost 30 percent say good business requires good coffee.
Some of the best coffee companies began in Germany. This week, we want to recommend these premium German coffees: Jacobs, Dallmayr, Eduscho, Tchibo and Davidoff. (Read more about these brands below.) We’ll sweeten the deal by giving you 10% off these venerated brands when you order $30 or more at http://www.EnjoyBetterCoffee.com.*
Please use coupon code GERMAN10