Ringing In The New Year With Coffee and Cheer!
Tomorrow evening and the following day are big party days – the evening welcomes 2019, and the next day is filled with parades, football and more snacking!
This week, we have a few tips and tricks to include coffee in the festivities.
In the meantime, take advantage of our weekly deal and get 15% off your order of $30 or more.*
Please Use Coupon Code: NEWYEAR15
*Discount valid from 12/30/18 through 11:59PM ET on 1/1/19 at EnjoyBetterCoffee.com with $30 minimum order required before shipping cost. Not valid with other coupons or discounts, special sale or case sale products. Offer not redeemable for cash.
Please note that our offices will be closed from December 29nd through January 1st. We will be available at 800.582.6617 on Wednesday January 2nd through Friday January 4th 9AM-5PM ET this week.
Must Have Coffee
Not just our first words in the morning, coffee is also a great idea for a party. Whether you have just a few guests or dozens, be sure you offer coffee to your guests. Some people (like us) love good coffee any time of the day; for others, it will be appreciated later in the evening. Offer both decaf and regular, and hot water available for instant drinks and hot cocoa.
Surround the carafes holding the liquids with different sized-cups, spoons and all the stir-ins you can find. Try simple flavors such as:
- Small chocolate candies (kisses in many flavors; Andes)
- Flavored syrups
- Hot cocoa mix (add a spoonful to coffee – yum!)
- Good instant coffee
- Raw sugar
- Real cream
- Candy canes
- Whipped cream
- Candied orange peel
- Mini marshmallows
- Assorted teas
- Flavored creamers
- Spices: Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Lavender, Cloves (to name a few)
- For Adults only: Kahlua, Frangelico, Chambord, Whiskey, Cognac
You can be as elaborate or as uncomplicated as you want. You may already have a lot of potential add-ins in your pantry.
Speaking of keeping things simple…
Coffee makes a delicious BBQ sauce or rub. Serve grilled or broiled pieces of steak, chicken or pork, cut into chunks or strips, on skewers, or prepare (or buy) chicken wings, with a selection of BBQ sauces alongside for dipping. Add a coffee BBQ sauce to baked beans, shredded meat sliders, or for meatballs or sliced sausages in the crockpot.
Here’s an easy coffee BBQ sauce recipe:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1½ tsp black pepper
- 1½ Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1½ tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- Combine ketchup, coffee, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder and chili powder in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Stir in black pepper, balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce.
- Store in the refrigerator. Can be made in advance.
Serving Adult Beverages?
A coffee martini is a real treat!
- 1.5 oz Kahlua
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1 oz espresso
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously and strain into a martini glass.
Here’s to a wonderful New Year’s Eve celebration!
As always, enjoy better coffee and thanks from the EnjoyBetterCoffee Team!