For fun, this week we have gathered the scoop on 6 current coffee trends, including how you can recreate a few of them at home, should you feel so moved. Then, order coffee from us and we’ll give you $5 off your order of $30 or more.*
Here are the top 6 coffee trends for 2017, in no particular order:
1. Gourmet Coffee varieties have made a big splash for coffee drinkers. Consumer consumption increased from 18 to 24 percent in just one year. More than half of all consumers, almost 60 percent, report they drank a cup of gourmet coffee in the last 24 hours.**
~At Enjoy Better Coffee, we have only premium and specialty coffees made in Europe for the European market.
2. Sparkling Coffee Soda is cold-brew coffee with lemon and tonic water, seltzer or flavored soda. Use the typical ratio of 1:1 coffee to water, replacing the water with something bubbly. Put a scoop of ice cream on top and you have a very special float.
3. Gin and Coffee Tonic, served in a glass, is made with 10ml (2 teaspoons) of cold-brew coffee added to a shot of gin. Add tonic, garnish with lemon.
4. Vietnamese Egg Coffee consists of one espresso and 3 tablespoons of condensed (not evaporated) milk that has been whisked with an egg yolk and a drop of vanilla into a meringue-like, creamy topping. Enjoy.
5. Coffee In A Cone probably won’t be available at your local café. But imagine this: A specially-made chocolate lined waffle cone that is leak-proof for 10 minutes, and is filled with a coffee latte.
6. More people than ever are drinking coffee daily, with all age groups showing an increase from last year. Up a mere 2 percent are the 18-24 year olds, while those aged 40-59 are up 11 percent from last year.**
Try one or more of our premium ground, whole bean and instant coffees. Find a great espresso roast. Bring home an assortment of pods or capsules. Whatever your choice, you’ll get $5 off your order of $30 or more at www.EnjoyBetterCoffee.com.*
Please use coupon code: FIVEOFF
*Discount valid through 11:59 PM PDT on 8/22/17 with $30 minimum order before shipping costs at EnjoyBetterCoffee.com. Not valid with other coupons or discounts, special sale or case sale products.
**Per the National Coffee Association’s 2017 National Coffee Drinking Trends report
Interested in trying one or more of these trends? You’ll need this easy recipe for making cold-brew coffee. And maybe you will just create your own coffee trend!
How to Cold Brew:
1. Use a medium to coarse grind of coffee. Place the grounds in the bottom of a non-reactive container. Add cold water, using a 1:4 parts coffee-to-water ratio. Stir gently to combine.
2. Cover, then allow mixture to steep for 18-24 hours, either in or out of the refrigerator.
3. Strain the brewed coffee into a container to remove the grounds; it may take a few passes using paper towels, muslin or even a coffee machine filter. (If it remains cloudy, try using a larger grind next time.)
4. To make a coffee drink, try 1:1 parts coffee to water. You may have to adjust the ratio, up to 1:8 parts coffee to water, to get the flavor you like.
5. The concentrate should be stored in the refrigerator in a covered container.