For fun, this week we have gathered the scoop on 6 current coffee trends, including how you can recreate a few of them at home, should you feel so moved. Then, order coffee from us and we’ll give you $5 off your order of $30 or more.*
Here are the top 6 coffee trends for 2017, in no particular order:
1. Gourmet Coffee varieties have made a big splash for coffee drinkers. Consumer consumption increased from 18 to 24 percent in just one year. More than half of all consumers, almost 60 percent, report they drank a cup of gourmet coffee in the last 24 hours.**
~At Enjoy Better Coffee, we have only premium and specialty coffees made in Europe for the European market.
2. Sparkling Coffee Soda is cold-brew coffee with lemon and tonic water, seltzer or flavored soda. Use the typical ratio of 1:1 coffee to water, replacing the water with something bubbly. Put a scoop of ice cream on top and you have a very special float.
3. Gin and Coffee Tonic, served in a glass, is made with 10ml (2 teaspoons) of cold-brew coffee added to a shot of gin. Add tonic, garnish with lemon.
4. Vietnamese Egg Coffee consists of one espresso and 3 tablespoons of condensed (not evaporated) milk that has been whisked with an egg yolk and a drop of vanilla into a meringue-like, creamy topping. Enjoy.
5. Coffee In A Cone probably won’t be available at your local café. But imagine this: A specially-made chocolate lined waffle cone that is leak-proof for 10 minutes, and is filled with a coffee latte.
6. More people than ever are drinking coffee daily, with all age groups showing an increase from last year. Up a mere 2 percent are the 18-24 year olds, while those aged 40-59 are up 11 percent from last year.**
Try one or more of our premium ground, whole bean and instant coffees. Find a great espresso roast. Bring home an assortment of pods or capsules. Whatever your choice, you’ll get $5 off your order of $30 or more at www.EnjoyBetterCoffee.com.*
Please use coupon code: FIVEOFF
*Discount valid through 11:59 PM PDT on 8/22/17 with $30 minimum order before shipping costs at EnjoyBetterCoffee.com. Not valid with other coupons or discounts, special sale or case sale products.
**Per the National Coffee Association’s 2017 National Coffee Drinking Trends report
Interested in trying one or more of these trends? You’ll need this easy recipe for making cold-brew coffee. And maybe you will just create your own coffee trend!
How to Cold Brew:
1. Use a medium to coarse grind of coffee. Place the grounds in the bottom of a non-reactive container. Add cold water, using a 1:4 parts coffee-to-water ratio. Stir gently to combine.
2. Cover, then allow mixture to steep for 18-24 hours, either in or out of the refrigerator.
3. Strain the brewed coffee into a container to remove the grounds; it may take a few passes using paper towels, muslin or even a coffee machine filter. (If it remains cloudy, try using a larger grind next time.)
4. To make a coffee drink, try 1:1 parts coffee to water. You may have to adjust the ratio, up to 1:8 parts coffee to water, to get the flavor you like.
5. The concentrate should be stored in the refrigerator in a covered container.
We have a special selection of coffee by historic Italian brands, all specialty roasters. Today, try any of these and get 10% off your order with no minimum purchase required at http://www.EnjoyBetterCoffee.com.*
Please use coupon code: ITALY10
*Discount valid through 11:59 PM PDT on 8/15/17 for the following brands only: Bristot, Caffe Vergnano, Hausbrandt, Miscela D’Oro, Pellini and Sant Eustachio w/10% off no minimum at EnjoyBetterCoffee.com. Not valid with other coupons or discounts, special sale or case sale products.
Here’s a brief overview of the brands to help you decide:
Started as a small roaster in 1919, this company expertly chooses the best beans, roasting them in ways that best showcase their natural flavors. Bristot espresso is a leader in the business and among espresso. Try Bristot’s flagship product Tiziano Whole Beans for real Italian espresso, including notes of nut, fruit and chocolate with an excellent aftertaste. We also have smaller packs of ground coffee available from Bristot Espresso.
Caffe Vergnano is one of the top 5 coffee companies in Italy. They are masters in selecting beans of the best plantations in the world and use traditional Italian methods for roasting and blending. We have a range of regular and decaffeinated espresso in ground and whole beans. Try the best-selling Espresso Crema 800 whole beans coffee, which has a soft, delicate aroma and taste. It produces a truly enjoyable cup of espresso.
Although the founder of Hausbrandt coffee was Austrian, he opened a coffee roasting business in Trieste. The founder, a merchant marine, is known for his innovation with transport and storage of coffee to keep it fresh. We have a wide selection of whole bean and ground coffee. We have 3 beautiful tins, each with a package of Nero Espresso inside, perfect for giving the gift of delicious espresso.
Miscela D’Oro is committed to sourcing the best raw coffee beans, carefully blending the beans while still green, then roasting them to produce a full-bodied espresso with a rich, thick crema. We have Miscela D’Oro espresso in whole beans, ground and the very popular capsules compatible with Nespresso coffee machines.
A family business, originally a company producing medicinal herbs, moved to roasting coffee in 1947 in Verona. Today, Pellini is known for high-quality, gourmet, Italian espresso. Pellini Top is their top of the line, made with 100% Arabica beans specially roasted to deliver a smooth, full-bodied espresso. We have a range of Pellini coffee, including ground and whole beans. Even better, we have 6 blends in Nespresso-compatible capsules.
Based in the heart of Rome, just a few steps from the Pantheon, Sant Eustachio slow roasts beans over wood in the back of the shop. This roasting technique creates a mild coffee with a fragrant aroma. We have Sant Eustachio in ground, whole beans and capsules for Nespresso machines.
FACT: Carte Noire is one of the top-selling coffee brands in France.
FACT: EnjoyBetterCoffee.com has a special on Carte Noire this week.
FACT: The USA will celebrate Independence Day tomorrow while France will celebrate her National Day in 2 weeks.
You’ll be intrigued by the startling similarities and differences between these 2 celebrations. Be sure to check out a bit of trivia for each holiday too at the end of this newsletter.
Please use coupon code: CELEBRATE
*Discount valid Today, Monday, 7/3/17 through 11:59 P.M. PDT at www.EnjoyBetterCoffee.com with 15% off no minimum order required on Carte Noire coffee. Not valid with other coupons or discounts, special sale or case sale products.
PLEASE NOTE: Our offices will be closed through Tuesday so all our employees can enjoy the holiday with their families. As always, you can order 24 hours a day, 7 days a week online, though shipping will not begin until mid-week, following the holiday. All our other shipping rules apply. (You can find them on our Selling Policies page).
PS–Watch for our 4th of July discount coming to email tomorrow!
WHAT: Celebrates the official start of independence from Great Britain. Representatives of the colonies signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776.
WHERE: Mostly in the USA, but also: Oslo, Norway; New Ross, Ireland; and most notably, Rebild, Denmark, where the locals have been celebrating the 4th of July since 1912.
SYMBOLS: American flag; Statue of Liberty (a gift from France); red, white and blue anything
DID YOU KNOW? John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, the only 2 people who signed the Declaration of Independence to later become President, and who eventually became bitter rivals, both died on July 4, 1826, on the document’s “Golden anniversary”.
WHAT: Celebrates the official start of the French Revolution, which would lead to a constitutional monarchy (albeit a rough road). Revolutionists stormed the Bastille, a prison/armory that symbolized royal authority, on July 14, 1789.
WHERE: In Paris and across France; big parties in New Orleans (a week-long party) and New York city (a block party on 60th street).
SYMBOLS: The Eiffel Tower; the French flag; the Bastille; red, white and blue anything
DID YOU KNOW? At the time the Bastille was stormed, France was ruled by King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette. The King was deposed 3 years later; Marie and her husband were executed the following year (separately). Their oldest child survived, and she lived to be 72 years old.
Enjoy the holiday, however and wherever you are!
Today, While Supplies Last –
Get an 8.9oz package of stroopwafels, a delicious Dutch treat with your order of $30 or more as our gift to you.