We ran across this piece of advice from a (very old) farmer’s almanac:
Love is the thing that enables a woman to sing while she mops up the floor after her husband has walked across it in his barn boots.
Enthusiastic about cleaning? Resigned to spring cleaning? Have no choice but to spring clean? Where ever you are, try these tips to make the process a little easier:
1. Use common household standards for cleaning rather than harsh chemicals. Baking soda scrubs without scratching, vinegar can clean most items, even coffee grounds (see below).
2. Keep your supplies in a convenient carrier that you can move easily from room to room.
3. Have upholstery and carpeting professionally cleaned rather than attempting to clean them yourself.
4. Open the windows to let in the fresh air.
5. Plan for easy meals for the days you will be busy with cleaning.
6. Use empty laundry baskets to pile in anything that you need others to sort through themselves. This is a good time to add a basket for items to be donated.
7. Set a timer for 15 or 20 minutes and focus on cleaning during that time. When the timer goes off, take a break, then set the timer again, and focus on cleaning for the time. Breaking the work up into small chunks makes it less intimidating.
Spring is also – that’s right, you guessed it – a good time to stock up on some new coffees for your pantry (after all, you’ll have plenty of room once you clean it out!). Let us help by offering you $5 off your order of $40 or more on www.EnjoyBetterCoffee.com.*
Please use coupon code: SPRING5
*Discount valid through 4/26/2015 with $40 minimum order before discounts and shipping are applied. Not valid with any other coupons or discounts. Not valid for discounted, special sale or case sale items.
PS- Don’t forget Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 8th in the United States. This is your last chance to order something for that special mom in your life without having to pay for expedited shipping. Order today!